WOT Maus: the real-life prototype and its story
Maus is one of the largest military tanks in the world. This monster was presented in 1943-1944, in late years of Second World War. The tank was a really scary weapon that could destroy any other military machine and could hit objects distanced on more than 3 500 meters.
First version of the tank had weight of 100 tons. However, after some upgrades tank's weight raised up to 200 tons. A huge machine had thick armour that made it almost unstoppable. Front hull armour was 220 mm thick, sides of the hull – 190 mm. The turret armor was around 240 mm thick. The mantle armour – 250 mm thick.
Massive military machine had also some serious minuses. Tank had a low speed – around 20 km/h. However, even being slow it needed lots of fuel to keep driving. In condition of aggressive fight fuel could finish too fast, putting machine and its crew into a great risk of being stacked on enemy territory.
Another issue – absence of a gun for close fight. While having a super power for long-distance shots, Maus appeared helpless when enemies come closer. This feature is especially critical when combined with slow speed of a machine: in case of army's stepback, crew would have to leave an expensive machine.
World of Tanks Maus: characteristics of game's tier
Huge German Maus is one of the biggest WOT giants that looks unwinnable. The WOT tank has great armour protection: hull armour – 200/185/160 mm, turret armour – 260/210/210 mm. While these features look impressive, it is still possible to win over Maus.
The tank has several weak points with less armour protection, they are: sides and rear of the machine, lower glacis plate in frontal part of a tank and cheeks of the turret. Even experienced gamers believe its difficult to win over Maus. However, a powerful gun with high accuracy will penetrate weakly armoured placed bringing great damage to a huge giant.
While being one of the heaviest tanks aimed mostly for distanced fighting, Maus also has great accuracy and can direct its fire to enemy's object.
- Damage - 490
- Penetration - 246
- Damage per minute - 2 305. 26
- Reload time - 12.75
- Max. speed - 20
- Reverse speed - 15
- Power - 1 750
- Hull armor (mm) - 200/185/160
- Turret armor (mm) - 260/210/210
- Track armor (mm) - 50
Reasons to buy Maus World of Tanks account
Great Maus design
- Being incredibly huge WOT Maus is hypnotizingly attractive to gamers and same way scary to their opponents. Even if you have no experience in dealing with huge machines, you may buy an account to try this king-size tank in action.
- Tank is greatly armoured all-around. Even having some weak points, this machine is never easy to be destroyed or even damaged.
Little Number of Dangerous Opponents
- Maus is totally unavailable for small and middle-sized tanks and has very little opponents on a battlefield. This is the case when size matters and plays a great role.
Largest HP Pool
- HP pool of a WOT tank is 3000. It's the highest number among all WOT tiers.
- Except making the tank look spectacularly, huge size means getting little damage from enemies while being a deathly threat to your opponents.
High Damage Rate
- General damage rate of a tank is 490/490/630 HP. Power is sacrificed for better gun's accuracy, however, it still remains great and ruining.
- Comparing to other heavy tanks, Maus has good mobility. The tank also able to shoot while moving, keeping its great accuracy.
- Tank has the most powerful engine among WOT tiers. It can destroy objects and push other tanks.
Minuses of WOT Maus machine
- Tank is enormously big. It needs more time to turn or to change location, than smaller machines. Big size is also an obstacle for being unnoticed or hidden.
- Maus is a perfect fighting machine, until you are not in a hurry. Otherwise, tank will go last after its smaller "colleagues".
- Bad roads are never an obstacle for a huge giant that moves heavy objects and destroys blocks. However, tank is dangerously slugging on hills and upside roads. This makes the tank move even slower.
Who buys WOT Maus account
Players who love spectacular fighting buy Maus Account to enjoy its powerful view and special effects while playing. Any fan of big WOT machines dreams trying Maus.
Both newbies and skilled players buy Maus account. While beginners feel more protected and safe due to huge armour, experienced gamers buy WoT Maus account searching for new impressions and challenges.